We are excited to announce the opening of our new branch office in Tyler, TX. This is Financial Synergies’ first office beyond the greater Houston area. Having been with the firm since 2015, I’m very excited to help lead this new venture for the firm. As we have continued to experience tremendous growth, we felt this was a unique opportunity to extend our footprint and serve the wealth management needs for families in the greater East Texas area.
The official press release can be viewed here.
Tyler is a well-established city in the heart of East Texas. It has long been a center for the manufacturing and oil & gas industries. The area has experienced tremendous growth over the last 10+ years. Much of this growth has been fueled by the expansion of the medical and higher education industries.
Tyler has become the medical hub for greater East Texas with two large health systems – UT Health and Christus Health System. Additionally, plans were recently announced by the University of Texas System to launch a medical school at UT-Tyler.
This economic growth along with a high-quality standard of living have made the area an attractive destination for both young professionals and retirees.
Other interesting facts about the Tyler area include:
- The city is named after John Tyler, the tenth President of the United States of America. He was instrumental in the annexation of the Republic of Texas into the U.S.
- It’s known as “the Rose City” and considered the Rose Capital of America.
- UT & Houston Oilers football legend Earl Campbell, aka “the Tyler Rose,” is from Tyler.
- Kansas City Chiefs QB and recent Super Bowl MVP Patrick Mahomes is from nearby Whitehouse, TX.
- It is one of the first Certified Retirement Cities in Texas.
I’m excited to continue working with existing clients while we expand our reach in Tyler and across greater East Texas. If you have friends or family in the area that would benefit from a relationship with Financial Synergies, please let us know! We would love the opportunity to help with their wealth management needs.
For more information check out the new Tyler website.