When things get a little crazy and volatile in the markets, I often refer back to quotes from some of my favorite legendary investors. It helps to keep everything in perspective.
Here are five investor quotes full of wisdom and common sense:
1. “We’ve long felt that the only value of stock forecasters is to make fortune tellers look good. Even now, Charlie and I continue to believe that short-term market forecasts are poison and should be kept locked up in a safe place, away from children and also from grown-ups who behave in the market like children.” -Warren Buffett
2. “When everyone believes something is risky, their unwillingness to buy usually reduces its price to the point where it’s not risky at all. Broadly negative opinion can make it the least risky thing since all optimism has been driven out of its price.” -Howard Marks
3. “I don’t have any wonderful insights that other people don’t have. I just avoided idiocy slightly more consistently than others.” -Charlie Munger
4. “The important thing about an investment philosophy is that you have one you can stick with.” -David Booth
5. “The dumbest reason in the world to buy a stock is because it is going up.” -Warren Buffett
There are plenty of these great quotes out there, but these are pretty potent.